Hello again! Here is the second episode of CODEFELLAS. I hope you like it! Thanks for watching.
Welcome to my first blog post since … gosh, I guess since a long time ago! My friends and I are making a new web series about snoops working at the NSA. It’s called CODFELLAS. Here’s the first episode! We hope you like it!
ALL GOOD THINGS MUST COME TO AN END, AND SO HERE IT IS: THE FINAL BEST OF 2012 LIST OF THE YEAR. This is the list you’ve all been waiting for — the industry standard that makes the whole industry stand up and take notice. This particular list is the greatest list of all time, and anyone who disagrees doesn’t understand, on some fundamental level, what lists are.
So here it is: THE TOP TEN CARS AND TRUCKS OF 2012!
10. Decent cars
9. Used cars
8. Pretty nice cars
7. “Whoa, that’s a nice car!”
6. (TIE) Scion car by Toyota / Dude Where’s My Car
5. Sports cars
4. Hybrid cars that smell like soap when you accelerate
3. (TIE) “Now, fellas, hold on to your hats when you see this next car — this right here? Is probably the best car I’ve ever had the pleasure of selling on this here car lot where I sell my cars. This car is the car of your dreams, gentlemen. So get ready for some of the best dreams you done ever had about this here car right here. It’s called a Mercury GT7 by Ford Cars.” / Sunroofs
2. Most cars
That’s it for my lists! Have a Happy New Year and I’ll see you in 2013 on my blog.
Sincerely, David Rees
FROM “DON’T HAVE A COW,” TO “WHAT’S SO FUNNY” (FROM THE JOKER), A YEAR IS ONLY AS GOOD AS ITS CATCHPHRASES — THOSE SPOKEN TOKENS OF A YEAR’S SITUATIONS. Because of all the historical events of 2012, from revolutions in the Middle East to Superstorm Sandy to all the hot pop songs we heard at the club after work, we truly were blessed with catchphrases in the year of 2012.
In fact, if we had to sum up 2012’s abundance of catchphrases with a single catchphrase, it’d probably be, “Better get a baseball mitt to catch these catchphrases!”
But instead, let’s just list the TOP TEN CATCHPHRASES OF 2012:
10. “Tweet my username in 2012″
9. “Later for you in 2012″
8. “Fiscal cliff”
7. “Happy St. Patrick’s Day”
6. “Thank God for what just happened”
5. “2012 is oh-ficially off the HOOK”
4. (TIE) “Did you vote in the election? See ya wouldn’t wanna be ya if you didn’t vote” / “Yo mama so ugly her mirror fell off”
3. “The rich get richer but the poor get dirt sandwiches”
2. (TIE) Current events-related catchphrases / “Best. Umbrella. Mishap. Ever.”
1. Shakespeare, the greatest of all time
A YEAR IS DEFINED BY ITS QUOTES — THOSE FIRST-PERSON STATEMENTS THAT SUM UP EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED IN A YEAR. Would you be surprised to learn that 2012 had some of the most iconic quotes of the year?
Politicians, celebrities, and even television personalities had something to say in 2012, and those are called “quotes,” and they have little marks — “quotation marks” — and that announces the quotability of the quotes, and that’s what sets apart a quote from a regular statement.
On the other hand, even regular people sometimes make quotes. Think back to the last time you read a magazine: There was probably an article about the new Hobbit movie, and the reporter probably got a “quote” from a regular person, like this:
Tony from Palo Alto, a repairman, said: “I’m excited to watch that new Hobbit movie.”
That, right there, is a quote — exactly the kind of first-person statement we celebrate with this list. So, with a tip of the hat to Tony the Repairman, let’s celebrate THE BEST DIFFERENT QUOTES OF 2012:
10. Funny quotes
9. Quotes that sum up an event
8. Quotes that personalize a huge event so that we can understand it on a personal level
7. Quotes where you’re like, “Daaaamn I can’t believe he said that!”
6. Quotes where you’re like, “God bless you for that wonderful quote that made me cry.”
5. Quotes from the news
4. Quotes from movies
3. Quotes that one person says and another person agrees or disagrees
2. Simply put, some of the best quotes ever
1. Quotes from quote books