Whether we like it or not, 2016 is coming to a close. Many of us wish we could simply hit “rewind” and do this year over again (in order to savor its many pleasures), but alas time moves in only one direction … or does it???
This is where palindromes come in. Palindromes are words that sound great in both directions, whether moving backwards or forwards in time. They offer a model of stability in our ever-changing world of permanent flow.
And 2016’s top palindromes were no different. At their best, they made sense coming and going, offering the fresh perspectives of new thoughts and ideals no matter which way you sliced them.
Ladies and gentlemen, here are the TOP TEN PALINDROMES OF 2016:
10. Hey! Ask for ska! Yeh.
9. I saw La La Land … was I?
8. Erm …. propaganda makes apps gag, good ska is nice music if ya ask me
7. 2016 eats poo, oops. (6102)
6. Ah! Let’s get to the bottom of mottled style together — ha!
5. (TIE) Is it Monday? Dayyyum, ’tis! / Fan snafu is us; it’s fun as “F”
4. Topical palindromes
3. Scooby-Doo books
2. Donald Trump’s neo-Nazi butt drops mud turds, proud dumptruck (Putin) is amazin’ “on tha D”
1. Worry not tomorrow
Thanks to all my readers for reading my lists! I wish you a happy new year and I will talk to you soon via my web site.