If you spent any time on social media in 2014, chances are you encountered “clickbait.” What is clickbait? Clickbait are stories, lists, charts, and videos that bring us pleasure while improving our understanding of the world.
Not only is clickbait one of the fastest-growing forms of new media, it is crucial to the economic future of the internet — and the economy.
Think about it: The more clicks you click, the better you feel. The better you feel, the more money you get. The more money you get, the richer you are. It all adds up to a booming economy, and that’s why clickbait mattered in 2014, and why it’s here to stay.
Let’s celebrate the best of what the internet had to offer in 2014. Here are the TOP TEN CLICKBAITS OF 2014:
10. You won’t believe what happens next on this clickbait
9. You’ve gotta see this clickbait
8. Top ten reasons this clickbait is great (#3 had me in tears)
7. Clickbait only vegetarians will understand
6. (TIE) Tell your friends about this clickbait / Watch the first 30 seconds of this clickbait
5. The funniest clickbait I’ve seen all day
4. A father’s special clickbait to his kids will make you cry
3. This clickbait proves life is wonderful
2. New clickbait
1. This. Clickbait. Is. Amazing.