2020 saw, among other things, a massive increase in the popularity of politics. Some of this was to be expected, as November elections were held towards the end of the year. These elections would inevitably lead to political stories and discussions. On the other hand, for many of us, 2020 was the year we realized how deeply politics can affect our lives: from public health to private property, from the economy to taxes, from freedom of speech to freedom of life, in 2020 we learned firsthand how important politics can be. How did we learn this valuable lesson? By simply reading, watching, and listening to political stories in the news among other places, to be clear.
Many newspapers, magazines, TV shows, podcasts, bumper stickers, and books focused on politics in 2020, and it was sometimes a struggle to keep up. If you were a true news junkie, it could take up hours of time. If you were a regular person and found yourself falling behind, don’t despair: I have compiled the following list for you.
Here are the TOP TEN POLITICAL STORIES OF 2020:
10. The elections
8. The intersection of politics and the real world
7. Cable news has the latest political stories
6. Funky political stories that redefined our groove but we kept on movin’
5. Political stories that trended on Twitter (including scandals)
4. (TIE) Pocketbook issues / When all your friends are talking about politics and you’re in heaven
3. Heavy-duty dumpling triumphs and tragedies
2. Breaking political stories, the latest and greatest
1. Goofy and fun political stories that will stand the test of time