Social media, the defining phenomenon of our time, has given rise to a new breed of celebrities. Known as “influencers,” their names may be unfamiliar to you, but ask your kids: They will have heard of them.
Often found on YouTube, TikTok, and even Facebook, these influencers are taking hold of their own personal brands and using them to engage, inspire, and reach out to a new generation of audiences who are just as cyber-savvy as they are themselves. It’s a feedback loop of good vibes — a community of content that breaks down barriers while keeping it real. And as far as “influence” goes, these online stars can wear a sweater or dress that instantly becomes a must-have item for their fans. They can also support important causes or charities with a single tweet or “signal boost,” alerting their followers to new activities. The hottest shoes are also quite popular in the world of influencers.
Of course, influencers have been impacted by the events of 2020 just like everyone else. Some of them rose to the moment, while others fell by the wayside during the sad occasion of 2020. But one thing is for sure: The influencers can do many things.
So as the year draws to a close, let’s look back at some of the influencers who served up drama, laughter, and even more in 2020. Here are the TOP TEN INFLUENCERS OF 2020:
10. Instagram models
9. YouTube comedians
8. Facebook moms with interesting ideas
7. Dirty boys with filthy minds
6. DJs and record producers who kept the party going
5. Many rappers are influencers who we like
4. Could a popular animal be an influencer? We’ll know more in 2021 but let’s celebrate 2020 for now
3. (TIE) 2020 influencers who are glamorous / 2020 influencers who make us chortle and snortle(sp?)
2. Influencers who succeeded in changing our behavior
1. Persuasive influencers