I. LOVE. THIS.
(I think that’s the first time I’ve ever done the “ALL CAPS-PERIOD-ALL CAPS-PERIOD” internet-writing technique.)
Anyway, yeah: I. LOVE. THIS.
Just listen to it two or three times and then get back to me and we’ll discuss it …
1. When did I know this was the jump-off? At precisely (0:29), when he says “Listen–” That’s when I rang the “this-guy-knows-what-he’s-doing” alarm. No looking back.
2. How about two seconds later (0:31) when the beatbox kicks in, with the fist pumping? That works for me.
3. When it gets to (0:45), I need you to focus on the hand motions he’s making in the rightmost square/quadrant/sector. That’s how you make hand motions while you’re singing.
4. Also, is it just me, or did he freakin’ double the lead vocal? That’s really bad-ass. It sounds thick like he doubled it, but there’s only one video of him singing the lead, so if he did double it, he’s being sly about it, which I love.
5. Mainly, this guy can just sing. It’s nice.
6. Overall, it’s not a bad way to show off your hat collection.